Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

2007!




It started with an idea to move to Alaska to work for Princess Tours. Then the interview came and I was hired. So now it was real. I worked my tail off to get me there, and the day finally came on May 2, 2007 for me leave. A very good friend of mine picked me up from the airport in Anchorage. This was a very new experince for me and I was so nervous yet excited. The job started May 8. It is a very intense job with a lot of demanding hours but totally worth it. I had the intention of living here for the summer and getting out when the job was over. Little did I know that there were other plans in store for me. On July 2, 2007 exactly 2 months after I arrived in AK, I met Richard. He had showed up with about 15 of his friends at the same place I was. Richard and I hit it off immediately. If there was a such thing as love at first sight, then this was it. We were oblivious as to what was going on around us. For the next 2 days we were inseperable. But jobs ended up calling and we had to get back on with our life. I never gave him my number (because he didn't ask), but that didn't stop him, he found a way to get and within the next day he was texting and calling me. That was it. I was his from that day on. We decided to get married in October. He bought me my ring in November and we got married in December. It was a very small ceremony with my mom and 6 other friends. It was wonderful.

No comments: