Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My worst nightmare came true.

While I was away for work over the weekend, nothing good was happening. I realized that I really don't want to work on the train, and I missed my husband immensely. Well I guess what they say is true. We should always listen to our gut. I didn't feel right all day saturday and then sunday morning I got a phone call from Jon saying Richard was in a car accident.




He was T-boned and then hit a light post.




All the tires exploded, air bags deployed, back window was shattered and back lights blown out.




His driver side door was pushed in so far that they couldn't get him out, so they had to rip it off.






Looking at the truck, and all that happened to it, we both think Richard should not have survived or at least been in a bad state, but someone was watching out for him that night. The only injuries he had were a bloody nose, and bruises from the seat belts. We are so grateful for this second chance. Richard is still a little shocked and seeing the truck after the fact made him relive it but he is doing okay. I thank Heavenly Father every day that he is still with us.

No comments: