Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thoughts

I am feeling very homesick and I don't really know for which home. I miss Michigan at many times throughout my day. I miss my Jennifer and her beautiful family. I miss Tiffany and her many adventures and how she knows me better than anyone. I miss my Bluewater family (even though I have been away from that ward for 14 years). I miss Jacqui, Sophia, Jesse, Jason and Justin Moore, they are my family away from family. I miss the water and the humidity and the beautiful green landscape and thunderstorms and awesome lightning. I miss the way people know how to drive there. I miss being part of a huge dedicated fan base. I miss cruising up and down Woodward Ave, whenever a team won. I miss having professional sports teams around to cheer for. I miss the freighters. I miss seeing the Canadian border. I miss the beach. I miss going Up North. I miss how strong the church is and how dedicated all the members are. I miss the closeness of the church members. I miss the sunsets and the rainstorms. I miss the crazy amounts of snow we would get but still know how to drive in it. :) I miss going to Detroit. I miss cruising the streets of Macomb county. I miss the 7-eleven runs. I miss the feeling I had every time I would come back from vacation and cross into the state and know that it was home.
Michigan will always be my home, I am afterall, a Michigan girl.

I think about all those wonderful memories and wonder if it is just a memory or would it still be like that. I want to show Richard my Michigan. I want him to see the beauty of the Wolverine State. I want him to experience the beach and water and lighthouses. I want him to cross the Mackinaw Bridge and know what UP NORTH means. I want my babies to know their heritage. Michigan is a great place. I can only look forward to the future.

No comments: