Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

I love my family!

Happy Valentines Day 2012. I am not a huge fan of this holiday only because I hate how much it is commercialized but I do enjoy decorating the house. I tell Richard that I want our house to be remembered by our children and grandchildren that it was the warm, inviting decorated house no matter the holiday. So with little resources that I had, I cut hearts out of card stock and hung them on a string and hung them from the wall. I pulled out our red lights and draped them around the window. I then put out candy dishes and used only red dishes for dinner that night. That was enough to get the feel.

Richard has class on Tuesdays from 8 in the morning until 10 at night so we celebrated on Sunday. We had some friends over for a southern dinner (fried chicken, mashed potatoes, collared greens, rolls and cupcakes as dessert). I found a really cute goodie idea of off Pinterest and decided to see if I could do it. It turned out really cute. I passed them out to everyone who seemed to appreciate it. Overall it was a wonderful day filled with love, food and friendship.

Richard did surprise me on his way home on Tuesday (the actual valentines day) with a dozen roses and a ton of Reese's Cups. That made my week.

I may not like the holiday very much but I do love that it reminds me to love my family that much more and be grateful for them.

No comments: