Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Before I forget

I had a mini heart attack last Thursday. Richard had helped me take the kids to the playground and he was gonna run home and shower then come back and hang out. While he was gone, Savannah was a wreck. She wouldn't let me put her down and wouldn't stop fussing/crying. I looked up and saw Madison climbing a S shaped ladder on the playground. I knew she was too small for it but she is so determined to do what the big kids do. She was doing just fine but a part of me knew I should be there to help her. I walked over with savannah still in my arms. The top of the ladder is about 2 feet away from the landing and she missed it. She fell but caught a hold of the landing with her hands. That didn't last long, and she fell onto the ground on her back. I instantly set Savannah down in the sand and went and picked up Madison. Luckily there was another mom there that picked up Savannah to calm her down while I tended to Madison. She was crying in a way that I had never heard. I was panicking. I called Richard and told him to come now! I checked her over and she seemed fine. She really just had the wind knocked out of her. It was so scary. She did get a big scrape on her back but overall was unhurt. I am so grateful for Madison's angels that day because who knows what could have happened. It is at least a 5 foot drop onto kitty litter type sand. Not a pretty picture.

No comments: