Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

A little update.....

Sorry no pictures to post, we don't have the internet yet so I am doing my typing at the local library while Grandma takes care of little Jackson...

So Dec. 30th we set out on a 6 hour flight to Chicago with approximately 30 minutes to then get to our next flight which then took us to Columbia, South Carolina. Jackson was an angel the whole time. He slept except to feed. He didn't fuss once. It could be because he is so little or I was just blessed. Either way I am grateful. We got into Columbia at 930 at night with no idea where we were staying. Ooops, I forgot to book a hotel! Luckily we found one right down the street from our new apartment. On Dec. 31, we signed the lease and moved in. And by moved in I mean't carried our luggage in. (our household goods won't be in town until Feb. 2) We are currently sleeping on the floor and eating pb&j sandwiches. Bless the army for shipping everything for us, but I just wish it was faster. Everyday since moving in has been filled with lots and lots of sleep, occasional eating, a few walks, a couple bus rides downtown, 2 trips to the library, filling our applications and tons and tons of phone calls. Moving to South Carolina was the right thing to do but it is also a big struggle. I pray and pray every day that Richard will find a sufficient job. Luckily my brothers are just wonderful and have lent us some money to hold us over for a little while but it is scary to not know where the next installment will come from. Richard is doing a great job looking for employment and I know with faith and positive thinking his shining moment will come.
On another note, we went to church yesterday and I have already come to the conclusion that our ward is going to be wonderful. Our bishop is a military man ( i am a sucker for the military), our sunday school teacher was a riot, full of knowledge and our relief society is huge. All the ladies were so welcoming and full of helpful ideas. I am excited to see what's in store for the future and our time with this ward.
I am truly blessed to have a roof over my head and a healthy baby. I have enough to eat and a wonderful husband who is diligent in wanting to take care of his family. I have the most amazing mother anyone could ask for. She has been such a help and comfort these past few weeks. I am so thankful for all that I do have. I have wonderful friends that are so unconditional and are willing to jump whenever we need them. I am thankful for everyones kind words and comments. It is nice to know we are not alone.

1 comment:

Tenille said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! Especially that you've moved to a great ward. Hopefully they will all be a great help to you guys in this big change in your lives.