Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Jackson Lee Dalton



Yay he has arrived. I will just take ya back to when it started. Wednesday morning I woke up with this feeling that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Eventually it dawned on me that I was in early labor. I woke up my mom to make sure I wasn't crazy. I called Labor and Delivery and they told me to go through my day doing what I normally do and see where it goes. It turned out I had my 40 week doctors appointment today as well so I went to that and was told I was just about 3 cm 80% effaced at 0 station. I was very optimistic about that. So for the next 5 hours we walked, rested, cleaned house and waited. Whoever said it is easy to sleep when in labor is crazy. I couldn't sleep and around 4:30 pm I went to Labor and Delivery to get checked. They checked me alright and I was still the same so they told me to go walk around and come back at 7. So we did. At 7 we got checked and still nothing so they sent us home. This is when it got really bad. See my plan was the natural way so sending us home was the way to do it. I attempted to rest but the contractions got so bad all I could do was whine and cry and get through each contraction as it came. I lasted until about 4:30 in the morning of thursday and called the hospital and they said come in. We prayed and crossed our fingers that my laboring hadn't been a waste. When they checked me I was at 6cm and 90% effaced. YAY!!!! I was able to stay at the hospital and continue my laboring there. I did it natural and got in the birthing tub and around 8pm I couldn't take it anymore. I was exhausted. I threw up a few times and was basically hysterical because exhaustion had taken over so I got an epidural. The epidural was in and in effect by 9pm and I passed out for the next little while. It was nice to get some sleep. At around 11 am the nurse came in and checked and it was time to push. Let me tell you pushing on an epidural is very strange. Your legs are dead weight and you have no idea what is going on down there. After 48 minutes of pushing Jackson made his debut at 1:03 pm. I was so overwhelmed with joy and happiness I just cried. And so did Jackson. He came out screaming and letting the whole world know he was alive and well. Richard cut the cord and they put him on my belly. He was the most beautiful baby and just keeps getting more and more beautiful.
The next few days were spent at the hospital. Because of his size they had to check his sugar level 6 times the first day. He weighed 9 lbs 7 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. We were both checked out many many times throughout the two days we were there and never any problems. Jackson is just an amazing baby. He never really cries and is already starting to hold his head up. We are so blessed to have this precious miracle in our family. I am honored that Heavenly Father has given me this opportunity to be a mother and have such an amazing husband who is so anxious and willing to be a good father.
My mom was there with us the whole time and she is such an amazing women. She helped us out so much and is still taking care of us. Without her we would be lost.
I look forward to this new adventure in our lives.

5 comments:

Girls Rule! said...

Holly,
Congratulations!!! He is so cute! Its amazing how fast you can love them. Way to go you did great!!

Kristin Riedel said...

Yeah, congratulations!!! He looks cute! I'm glad that you had a good experience.

T and B said...

Congratulations! He looks like a keeper. We are so glad that he is here safe and sound. What a wonderful Christmas present to finally have your little boy in your arms. Merry Christmas!

Paxton said...

Oh Holly, He is beautiful. I am so happy for you all. I'm glad you are both doing well. I wish I could see him.

The Jones Family said...

Aww He is SO SWEET!! Oh my gosh I can't wait to have a baby of my own!! I have dreams about holding him all the time! And you- lucky!- get to hold yours already!! I am going the natural route too... only I'm having him at home with a midwife so there is no option of an epidural or anything.. so, gosh I hope I can handle it! Your story makes me nervous that I wont be able to.. oh well. I think it'll be different if it's not an option for me. Well, congratulations! and enjoy the best Christmas gift eveR!