Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

We are Blessed!!

Thank you all so much for you comments and prayers. They have all worked, and definitely strengthened my faith and testimony. For the last two days Richard and I have been processing and clearing. He went to work on Wednesday and they gave him the NEWS. He is getting out but it's a good thing. His last official day of having to show up for work is next friday, but he was approved for Terminal Leave (for those not familiar with the military, that means all the leave days that he accrued throughout his military career, he gets to take at the end of his career and still get paid) for thirty days after that, so we will still get paid until Dec 21 and we will be able to stay here in Alaska and have the baby. Because he is getting out honorably we will still have health insurance for 180 days after that (thank goodness) and they are going to pay for us to fly home and ship all of our household goods as well as our car. I could not ask for more than that. WE got everything we asked for. I am so grateful and humbled. It will be so nice to have Richard home for the next month to be around for Jackson. I am very lucky in that aspect, I know that a lot of men don't get paternity leave when their babies are born so I am truly grateful for that. So for now we will still live in Alaska but come Dec 21 (right in time for christmas) we will be in South carolina. YAY!!!! Much love to all of you. And good luck Trina, your family is in our prayers. I can't wait for the day when you get your husband back for good.

5 comments:

Kristin Riedel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin Riedel said...

Sorry I screwed up on the spelling with my other comment.
I'm excited for you and Richard! It will be great for you to have the extra hands at home once Jackson is born too.

Emily said...

Sounds like that was a stressful situation...but we are so glad to hear that everything is going to work out. You are blessed and I can't believe that it's just a few more weeks until your baby is here!! Yea!

Tenille said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you Holly! I knew it would work out. Now you can completely focus on your little guys arrival. Which is coming soooo soon! Can't wait for the next update.

T and B said...

What a hard last few weeks. We are so glad that things are working out. We hope that things continue to improve. You are in our prayers.