Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trials and Tribulations!!

Every now and then we are given trials that at first we don't understand. Today is that such day. I won't go into the whole story because it goes back about 6 months but I will sum it up for you. Richard is in the military and according to them he isn't up to par where some of his officers think he should be. Because of these standards they have been toying with him and feeding him different stories about his future with the army. First he is finishing his contract, then they are threatening to kick him out, then they tell him he is deploying and now the latest is he isn't deploying but they don't have a specific date of when he is gonna get out. All the mean while this puts a damper on our plans. We can't plan any further than a week in advance. This is really hard to come by when you are supposed to have a baby in 6 weeks. I am overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I am finding myself fall into a depression and just want to sleep. I don't have a happy ending and a lesson learned from this experience just yet but I hope someday I will. As for now I just ask for all of your prayers to help me keep my strength and remain calm. I so badly want to go up to his superiors and give them a piece of my mind but as you know civilians don't confront military officers like that. It is very hard for me. Richard needs your prayers as well to keep up his good attitude and strength to do his best no matter what. I need to be strong for him and for our little family. Thank you all so much for listening to my problem. God bless you all.

3 comments:

Kristin Riedel said...

Holly, I feel for you! I can only imagine the stress that you must be going through right now. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope that you will be able to find the strength to stay positive. :)

Tenille said...

Holly- you'll be in my prayers as well. Emotions are always high during pregnancy, it doesn't help that you are having to go through something so difficult right now. You have always been a very strong individual in my eyes and I know you will survive this. Sounds like you and your hubby have a really great supportive relationship... build on that, find strength in that, and remember to keep close to Heavenly Father during this trial.

The Southwicks said...

Holly, hang in there. I have found that everytime God sends us a trial something better comes than what we would have planned...we will definately keep you in my prayers!