Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Alaska beauty!!

Alaska wildlife......not so wild though, you see them most in back yards and on downtown streets.

I just love the country I live in right now. Alaska has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever layed eyes on.


Our visit to a glacier. It was just a beautiful day, and it was 4 days before my birthday so it was special.


This picture means a lot. Those are trees left over from the 1964 earthquake that hit here. It completely wiped out the area surrounding these trees. These trees are petrified so they will never grow.


This is a view from the train ride through alaskas wilderness. This is Hurricane Gulch. There is a tressle that goes across this water that stands 296 feet in the air. It is one of the most loved attractions by tourists.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Hi Holly!!!!! Wow! What beautiful pictures! And congrats on the pregnancy. I bet your mom is beyond excited too :)

I was so excited to hear from you! I'm glad you found me ;)

T and B said...

WOW! What a time of your life to be living in such a beautiful place. How fun to be able to see such a remote place to us here on the contiguous states.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. Keep us posted!

Kristin Riedel said...

Hey, Holly! When I saw the pictures of the moose that are just walking down the street I thought that my husband would LOVE to be there so he could hunt. Are there a lot of car vs. moose accidents? -Kristin Riedel (Mapley)

Kristin Riedel said...

I found your blog from looking at Tenille's blog. Our family is doing great! Thanks for the comments about the girls. How are you doing? How far along are you?

The Jones Family said...

You live in ALASKA!!! Oh i'm so jealous i have heard it's gorgeous there.. and it looks to be true!